Tenant’s Contents Insurance

It is advisable for a tenant to have their own private contents insurance. It would also be prudent to ensure that your policy covers you for accidental damage to any contents that are owned by your Landlord. For example, if you spill wine on your carpet you want to have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your insurance will cover cleaning or replacement rather than the costs being taken from your deposit, or your Landlord billing you directly.

Our policy is designed to do just this, as well as providing you with the cover you need for your own possessions. RentGuardian’s Tenants Contents Cover will insure your goods for up to £30,000 and accidental damage is included as standard.

The Cover.*
Here are some of the key features of our Tenants Contents Insurance.

  • Sum Insured £ 5,000 - £30,000
  • Single Article Limit £ 1,000 (Other than Laptops - £500, Cycles - £200)
  • Contents within detached domestic outbuildings and garages £ 500
  • Accidental Damage to Landlord’s Contents as a result of an insured peril £ 2,500
  • Replacement Locks following theft or loss of keys £ 250
  • Accidental damage to electrical goods.
  • Public Liability £2,000,000
  • Standard excess £50
  • Certain limitations and exclusions apply. Please read your full policy wording.

To arrange cover simply give us a call or complete the Tenants Cover Request Form and return it to us by e-mail, fax, or post.