Risks faced by landlords
Whilst it is vital a landlord follows a strict referencing procedure, they may still find they have a tenant who doesn’t look after the property, doesn’t pay rent on time or at all in some instances. This can happen for a variety of reasons such as ill health or the loss of a job and it’s vital that a landlord protects their investment.
For example if a landlord is reliant upon the rental income to pay their mortgage how will they manage without that regular monthly income?
Also, costs to evict a tenant can run into thousands of pounds, is this a cost the landlord can afford to bear?
How Rent Guardian can help
Our Rent Guarantee & Legal Expenses policy can provide peace of mind in that it covers rent arrears as long as the tenant occupies the property up until vacant possession of the property (up to £50,000). In addition all legal costs associated with removing the tenant from the property are covered. So that’s, court costs, solicitors fees and bailiff costs if required up to £50,000.
The legal work is handled by Stephensons Solicitors, a well-known and highly thought of firm and you will have your own dedicated claims handler to call on for regular updates. Within 48 hours of submitting your claim they will be taking the appropriate steps to deal with the repossession of your property.
- Rent arrears is covered while the tenant occupies the property up to £50,000
- Legal Expenses cover is available up to £50,000 for eviction/repossession
- 50% of rent may be claimed for up to 3 months if property cannot be re-let due to damage caused by tenant
- Legal expenses to pursue the tenant for damages caused if costs are over £500
- Free legal helpline
- Zero excess policy – so you will not be out of pocket come the end of the claim
- Cover to defend criminal prosecutions and HMRC investigations
*Terms and conditions apply, please see full policy wording for details. All tenant(s) and/or guarantors must have been fully and satisfactorily referenced by a verified agency.